What a Difference

[2014-03-31 Mon] Our Web server went down a month ago. Sorry about that. We're now back up, using Github Pages to host the site. Thanks Github!

Our new building is no longer the ghost (but not rat or coackroach) infested, decrepit shell that it was when we signed the lease. We've made an enormous amount of progress in the last six weeks as these photos will attest.

st110-2014-03-front.png

We have installed awnings on the side of the building as well as a fixed metal awning on the first floor and a rollout vinyl awning on the ground floor.

st110-2014-03-awning.png

The first floor (American 2nd floor) is all but finished with the walls and ceiling patched up, cleaned and painted, and the floors sanded, the screws resunk, and stained and shellacked. We have also completely replaced the chaos of electricical wiring and the fuse box. We can now handle the load from all of the computers that we will be adding and nothing will short out.

st110-2014-03-stairs.png

We have also changed our original idea, and have swapped the office and conference/podcasting studio. Below is what will be the studio side.

st110-2014-03-studio.png

And the side with the windows will become the office side. We can comfortably fit up to 12 desks into this space.

st110-2014-03-office.png

Heading downstairs, we have cut a new door that connects the downstairs to the staircase leading upstairs. Before, if you wanted to go upstairs you had to go out the front and down and alley to get to the entrance.

The toilet still needs some work, but looks much better already. The tile floor was replaced, the plumbing fixed and a new sink installed.

st110-2014-03-toilet.png

Behind the toilet is the server room. There isn't much to see, it's just a plain white room with a tile floor. We can fit up to four full height racks in here.

st110-2014-03-server.png

The awful cabinates and several walls were knocked out for the tutorial center, which will have enough round for five or six workstations which can comfortably seat both a tutor and a student together.

st110-2014-03-tutorial.png

The last of the demolition was done here in the Naga Shop less than four days ago.

st110-2014-03-shop.png

There was a large window between the Naga Shop and the Cafe dining area. This has been removed and replaced with a wooden counter. This is Ruben working on the wood for the counter.

st110-2014-03-cafe.png

The door has been removed going into the kitchen, the squat toilet turned into a pantry and a large window and pickup counter has replaced a lot of the wall. This is very much still a work in progress.

st110-2014-03-kitchen.png

There is still a lot of work left to be done, but we've come a long long ways in the last six weeks.

 This post was imported from the previous blog. Some editing may have been done to fit the new format.

Tags: chenla ,